How To Get Super Glue Off A Phone Case•
Posted on August 26 2023
Simple, Quick Tips!
Have you been in a situation where you unintentionally got super glue on an item of yours such as your phone case? Super glue is usually are go to when you need to fix something that is broken. So how can we remove this from our phone cases? The good news is there are some everyday household products that can assist in removing the super glue from items such as your phone case. Keep reading to find out more!
Preparation before cleaning
The first thing to do before you start cleaning off the glue from your phone case is to make sure you remove your phone case cover from your phone. This step is crucial as the cleaning agents may damage your phone. Once you have done this step you can start the cleaning process.
Using dish soap
You will need a bowl or a small container, two soft cloths and plastic wrap (however this is optional.)
- First pour warm water into a bowl or a small container.
- Add 1 to 2 drops of dish soap into the warm water and then stir the mixture until you get a soapy solution.
- Dampen the soft cloth by dipping it into the bowl of warm soapy water.
- Place the damp cloth over the glue for at least 3 hours in order to soften the glue. (In order to make sure the cloth stays damp you can tape a sheet of plastic wrap over it.)
- Once the glue is softened, blot the glue with another soft cloth until the glue is removed. (Do not rub the glue, otherwise you will spread it around the phone case.)
Tip: If you happen to get superglue on your hands, soaking it in warm soapy water is a gentle way to remove the glue from your skin.
Using baking soda
You will need coconut oil or you can substitute with cooking oil, butter or margarine. You will also need a dry cloth, a bowl or a small container and a spoon.
Tip: Some phone case covers may be oil absorbent, so instead of using oil you can use water instead. This method also works if you happen to get superglue on your hands.
- In a bowl or a small container use a spoon to mix a paste using baking soda and oil.
- Put the paste directly onto the glue and let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Using a dry cloth wipe the baking soda paste off the phone case and the glue should be removed.
You will need two soft cloths.
Warning: Vinegar cannot be used on rubber, wood or stone because its acidity will damage these materials. So this will not be the best method if your case is made with the above materials.
- First soak a soft cloth with vinegar.
- Place the moist cloth over the glue. Let it sit for a few minutes to allow the glue to soften.
- Now wipe the glue residue off from the phone case. The phone case should now be glue free.
Using rubbing alcohol
You will need a soft cloth or a microfiber cloth. Alternatively, you can use a spray bottle or alcohol wipes instead of rubbing alcohol.
- First soak a soft cloth or a microfiber cloth with rubbing alcohol. You can use a spray bottle or just alcohol wipes as an alternative.
- Gently start rubbing the glue off the phone case.
- We recommend leaving the soaked cloth for 5-10 minutes to help loosen the glue’s grip on the case which will make it easier to rub off.
Using nail polish remover
You will need cotton wool pad or cotton balls and a soft cloth.
Warning: if you have sensitive skin, we recommend using latex gloves for this method. We also recommend doing this method in a well-ventilated area as nail polish remover produces strong fumes.
- First pour a small amount of nail polish remover onto a cotton ball or pad.
- Gently rub the glue off the phone case.
- Once the glue is removed wipe the area clean. (We recommend doing this as the chemicals from the nail polish remover could damage your phone case if left for a long period of time.)
Using a hairdryer
You will need a dry cloth.
- Using the low heat setting use a hairdryer to heat up the glue.
- Once the glue is softened use a dry cloth to remove the glue.
When to get a new phone case?
If you have tried all the above tips and the stubborn glue hasn’t budged, then it might be time to get a new phone case. Who knows you might even find a better one. If you are now looking for a brand-new phone case, we’ve got you covered!